Winter is almost here so don’t forget to check the following before you drive in the winter months: 7 things to remember to check before winter
- Always ensure your windows are clear and defrosted before putting your vehicle in motion
- Check all bulbs are working and clear of dirt
- Check your wipers work effectively and your car is topped up with plenty of screen wash. Avoid using your wipers until your windscreen is clear of ice to prevent damage to your wipers.
- Carry spare de-icer in your glove compartment.
- In severe weather you may need to carry an emergency kit, include things like a rug, flask of coffee and some snack bars, also a rubber mat to put on the road for increased grip, a shovel and not forgetting your mobile phone to call for help. Consider delaying or cancelling your journey in very bad weather.
- Regularly check your tyre pressures (this advice applies no matter what the weather.)
- Consider using our Tyre Hotel (see my winter tyre blog) to store your regular tyres when you purchase winter tyres from A One Tyres
Please note, we carry stocks of headlamp bulbs and wipers as well as winter tyres. We will do a free winter tyre check if you call in with us in our Dromore depot.
Wrap up well, leave plenty of time for your journey and have safe motoring this winter. We are here to help. For advice on winter tyres call me on 028 9269 9107.